Saturday, July 13, 2013

Book Review: The Big, Not-So-Small, Curvy Girls, BBW Romance, Dating Agency by Ava Catori

I was drawn to this book because I am a  curvy girl. I liked being inside Becky's head and being able to relate to the feelings of "not being good enough" because I am neither model skinny nor am I model tall...my genes pointed me in the opposite direction She is bubbly and has a good sense of humor, which did make for an easier read. There were a few moments when the point of view shifted and caused some confusion, but overall it was a quick read. What I didn't like was the fact that the underlying theme was tired cliche that "she has such a beautiful face"...yes personality did win at the end of the day and yes, she did get the gorgeous, perfect guy (double standard the other way?) so happy ending all around. But the ending was a little to abrupt for me...no tying up loose ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment