I highly recommend using fresh crab meat rather than canned for best results. Do not skip refrigerating the patties before baking, this really helps them stay together.
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 cake • Calories: 173.6 • Fat: 8.8g • Protein: 13.1 g • Carb: 11.7 g • Fiber: 1.3 g
- 9 ounces lump crab meat, picked free of shells
- 1/2 cup (about 13) reduced fat Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 finely chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp roasted red peppers (jarred)
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
Red Pepper Chipotle Lime Sauce:
In a small blender (or magic bullet) puree mayonnaise, lime juice, roasted pepper and chipotle pepper.
In a large bowl, combine crushed crackers, eggs, scallions, pepper, mayo, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well, then fold in crab meat, careful not to over mix so the crab remains in large chunks. Gently shape into patties using a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
Chill in the refrigerator at least 1/2 hour before baking.
Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Bake about 8-10 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
Drizzle red pepper chipotle lime sauce over crab cakes and serve.