Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Book Review: Invisible: A Novel by Ginny L. Yttrup



Invisible is the first book I have read by Ginny Yttrup. I have to say it is one of the best books of 2013 that I have read so far. While some might be put off by the Christian Fiction label, I find her ability to write a rich, multi-layered, character driving novel to create such an emotional impact, I find myself recommending it to everyone I know. It is so powerful that I know Ginny's words will stick with me a very long time and I know it is easily a book I will come back to again and again.

This novel is for every woman out there who in some way or another has struggled with their self-image. I'm sure that many of us have viewed our image in some negative way that doesn't reflect God's view of us. Some of the characters struggle with this idea, but Ginny drives home the point so passionately that we are all made in the image of God. Through these characters stories, you can see the heart of God in Ginny's words for people who have these issues! God does not want anyone to deny Him or have unholy thoughts concerning who they are.

It's not some light-heart book that leaves you with warm fuzzy feelings afterwards, but a book that dives into the innermost thoughts of our mind and the lies, negative chatter, and pain that is there! It's such a story of healing and of growth. It is also a story of the importance of friendship and the dangers of isolating ourselves from each other. I realized through reading the book that friendship is so important and God put friends in our life to encourage us, motivate us, uplift us, and tell us the truth even when it hurts. 



I received an advance copy for review from Handlebar Marketing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment