Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Heartbreak Ranch Inspired Playlist

I love music, all kinds. I subscribe to the idea that I can immediately reference my life's inner playlist for each of my important moments. Of course, I have songs I associate with meeting and falling in love with my husband like Fooled Around and Fell in Love by Elvin Bishop, or songs when each one of our beautiful children made their way into this world. Shooter Jennings, Fourth of July was playing on the radio when we chose our second son's name.

Its no different when it comes to writing my Harlequin SYTYCW 2012 entry, Heartbreak Ranch. Music feeds my soul, so its a natural fit for me to put music and writing together. I often include song or lyric references in my writing. As Graysen and Colt came to life in my mind and the pages of my romance novel, I was drawn to certain songs and a playlist was born.

Heartbreak Ranch Playlist Part I: 

A Country Boy Can Survive - Hank Williams Jr.  -  Graysen's father sings along.
Save a Horse(Ride a Cowboy) - Big N Rich - Graysen discovers something more interesting in the corral at the ranch
Lookin' For Love - Johnny Lee - Carson hums a little tune on the way home from the Lodge. 
Drunk on You - Luke Bryan  - Colt listens to this song during a sleepless night
Eight Second Ride -  Jake Owen - Colt takes Graysen for a riding lesson

I Don't Want This Night To End - Luke Bryan
I May Hate Myself in the Morning - Lee Ann Womack  Graysen wrestles with what her mind and heart want.

Hell on the Heart - Eric Church - Colt thinking about Graysen
Come a Little Closer - Dierks Bentley -  Graysen visits Colt






No comments:

Post a Comment